Lyndon Fish Hatcheries has produced top quality rainbow trout since 2002. As we’ve grown and diversified, we’ve kept our passion for raising healthy rainbow trout and ensuring a positive customer experience. We also value our rural farming roots and the health of our planet. Fish farming helps to provide sustainable food sources in an environmentally friendly way.
We produce millions of eggs and fingerlings with our unique strain of rainbow trout. We supply farms that raise them for their customers and grocery stores across the nation.
Adjacent to the hatchery, seasonally we offer customers the exhilaration of catching feisty rainbow trout at the Lyndon Fishing Pond. Our fee fishing pond caters to anyone interested in fresh & local fish for their dinner table. Lyndon Fishing Pond is an ideal setting for Picnics and Corporate Events.
In 2015 Clarke Rieck, a second-generation fish farmer, took over the business and continues to advance our corporate values and our reputation for quality aquaculture products.
2017 Lyndon Team
At Lyndon Fish Hatcheries Inc., our team is comprised of knowledgeable and friendly associates who have years of experience in aquaculture and related fields along with outstanding customer service and a passion for fish and the great outdoors.
Part Time Fishing Pond Associate
Highly focused on an excellent customer experience and service. Cleanliness and maintenance of the facilities grounds and pond are instrumental to ensure a premium experience for all clientele. Driving sales and continued promotion of the Lyndon Fishing Pond to various audiences, including the general public, family picnics and birthday parties, tournaments and corporate events. Due to the short seasonality and the necessity for excellent coverage on weekends, weekend availability is mandatory along with flexibility to work extended hours as required. He/she will be required to perform physical labour both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Hours will vary based on seasonality and weather.
- Exceptional Customer Service and Sales
- Time Management Skills
- Energetic with Good Stress Tolerance
- Team Work
- Attention to Detail and Problem Solving
- Work with Attention to Safety
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Lawn Care Equipment
- Provide information and assist customers with fishing and reviewing the rules that are applicable at the Lyndon Fishing Pond facility.
- Ensure that safety is paramount regarding fish and lawn care equipment handling.
- Determine ground maintenance requirements and assist in upkeep of grounds as required.
- Assist in all areas of operation of Lyndon Fishing Pond facilities and the hatchery as needed.
- Perform various tasks such as feeding and be comfortable with handling and cleaning fish.
- As situations arise, flexibility in hours may be required with consultation of management.
- Help to promote and market for an increase in sales and to drive new customer growth.
- An interest in fish and the environment in which they thrive. Enjoy being outside.
- Ability to follow safe procedures for use of lawn equipment, fishing equipment and chemicals.
- Moderate physical strength and stamina.
- Able to get along with co-workers and customers at the workplace.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in diverse weather conditions.
Hours of Operations
The hours of operation for the pond are 9-6 (shifts starting at 8:30 and ending at 6:30) with shifts starting ½ hour before and after the opening and closing. Until June 23rd we are open weekends and holidays, open 7 days a week starting June 24th to September 4th. After the Labour Day weekend the pond is then open on weekends up until Thanksgiving Weekend closing after Monday, October 9th.
$12.50 hourly to be paid on a Bi-Weekly basis.
Approximately 12 to 24 hours weekly.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org